We are committed to enabling schools to support children and young people with sensory impairments to achieve their potential. This year we are offering schools a bespoke training programme. The cost of this service has already been met through the Islington school budget allocation.
What does bespoke training mean
the training will take place in your school or a venue to suit you
you will set the date and time
we can offer 1:1 and group training for teachers and teaching assistants
support for SENCOs on assessment, provision mapping and management of support staff
training on how to use and improve alternative means of communication eg iPads and communication systems
Training offer to Islington schools
- disability awareness for children and young people
- disability awareness for teachers and support staff
- habilitation training
- whole school training on hearing and visual impairment
- small group training around individual needs
- manual handling training and risk assessment
We are also very interested in hearing from you regarding the sort of training and support you would like to benefit from. We would welcome any requests or feedback regarding future training.
Please contact us at email@example.com or telephone: 020 7786 4808.