Vision, Mission and Values
In the summer of 2022 we consulted governors, parents staff and of course pupils to agree new statements for our vision, mission and values.
We inspire each individual and empower them to be their best in school and beyond.
- Our ambition is for our young people to build a strong sense of identity and have a powerful voice in society, with the knowledge, skills and understanding to succeed.
- We are a supportive and resilient community where people feel they belong, can contribute, and have fun.
- We are leaders in education innovation and collaboration through the expertise and insight of our staff
In autumn 2022 we had a whole school meeting to think about what the vision, mission and values do, and will, look like for us.
What will our vision look like?
- We will have kept up with innovative and emerging technologies
- We will work with the community to expand the opportunities for our children to thrive, both now and in the future
- We will make sure we are prepared for any changes that may happen in the future.
- Young people make informed choices about their future.
- There will be even closer work with colleges and employers.
- Young people will benefit from a greater emphasis on independent living skills.
- Children feel like a valued member of their community.
In practice, we know we achieving our mission because:
- Teaching is high quality
- We develop confidence in our children.
- We ensure children are interested and engaged.
- We create an environment that is safe and secure.
- We actively promote resilience.
- Total communication for us means that every child communicates.
- We take our responsibility to the wider community seriously.
- We give children a powerful voice using PODD and other AAC systems.
- We work collaboratively with other professionals, including therapists and the class team, to make sure the pupils have the best opportunities.
- We work with our mainstream partners to share knowledge and enrich experiences for all.
- Our curriculum is specialist and tailored but provides everything he children are entitled to.
- Children build on skills from year to year and take them into adulthood.
- We have an active school council.
- We share our knowledge with each other and other professionals.
Our values in practice:
- We listen to children and give them time to process and respond
- We do the right thing
- We have the highest expectations
- We act with equity and fairness
- Children are given real choices
- Those working with children support independence
- We see confident and happy children who succeed in the wider community
- We are brave!
- As soon as you step into the building you can sense our values.
- We challenge out of respect for the children.
- We have belief in the children and belief in ourselves.
- We celebrate every achievement – even the smallest ones.
- We have create an environment where everyone is heard.